You probably already know that my name is Arindam! I was born in Kolkata (also known as the City of Joy), India in 1983. Currently, I live in Adelaide, Australia with my wife. Here I am working as a Research Fellow in Empathic Computing at the University of South Australia. Here I am investigating innovative ways to share one's emoational state (empathy) to others in a collaborative setup and make others feel the same emapthy.
Previously, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher in Consumer Expereince Design at the HIT Lab AU, University of Tasmania. Before moving to Tasmania I was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Massachusetts, USA. There I researched on the usability of multi-sensory immersive virtual reality interfaces. Earlier to that, I worked for 1.5 years at the James Cook University, Queensland, Australia for a public health research group as a Senior Research Officer. I also briefly worked for the University of Adelaide as a Data Analyst.
Before moving to the professional world, I finished my PhD in 2013 from the University of South Australia. My research topic was Perceptual Characteristics of Visualizations for Occluded Objects in Handheld Augmented Reality. In my thesis, based on extensive user experience research, I provided a set of design recommendations for handheld augmented reality user interfaces equipped with visualizations for occluded objects. During my PhD, I visited Technische Universität München in Munich, Germany for research internship.
Earlier I finished my B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) in Computer Science & Engineering from West Bengal University of Technology in 2006. During my undergrad studies I visited Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpore for an internship. And, in 2009 I dropped out of a M.Tech program at the Jadavpur University to commence my PhD in Australia.
- Human-Computer Interaction
- User Expereince
- Mixed Reality
- Empathic Computing
Besides that I love to know about almost every kind of research going on around the world, just don't do them myself!
I am regular reviewer of multiple journals and conferences. I have also supported in organization of several conferences such as:
- Australian Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (2016): Research Demonstration Chair
- IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces (2016): Poster Chair
- Australasian Conference on Artificial Life and Computational Intelligence (2015): International Program Committee Member
- Asia Pacific Conference on Computer Human Interaction (2013): E-Publications Chair and Program Committee Member
- IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (2013): Online Communications Chair
- IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (2012): Student Volunteer Co-Chair